Thursday, 23 August 2007

CROSS COUNTRY

On Wednesday 15th of August we had our cross country. It was at the Botanics Park. The class walked in two lines. My dad came. The whole school was there. Before the race I felt really nervous because I thought I was going to come last. When I was running I felt like I was going to come first. It was hard. After the race I felt happy because I did my best. The best part was when I went to the finish line because I came fifteenth. It was a great day and I hope we do it again.
By Caleb

On 15th of August 2007 Nelson Central School had the cross country at the Botanics. The whole class went in a straight line. All of the school took part in it. Before the race I felt very nervous because I thought I was going to be last but I didn’t, I came second in my age group. In the ‘Open’ I came 8th. It felt easy when I started to run really fast. I felt really exhausted because it was hard work when I came 8th in the ‘Open’. I would have loved to do it again the next day.
By David

On August 15th we had our cross country. It was at the Botanics. We walked with some parents. The whole school was there and some parents were there. We lined up in our age groups. The five year olds went first and the 11 year olds went last. When a teacher clapped the snappers I was ready but at the start I was last. Before the race I felt nervous because I thought I was going to come last but I came 14th. I felt proud and my mum felt proud too. My best part was coming to the finishing line because it looked like I was coming second. It was a nice day. I could relax. I’m going to come first next time.
By Rohan


On a spring day in August we had our cross country. I walked there with all of my friends and we walked to the Botanics Park. Lots of people were there and I was so lucky because my mum was there with my little brother. Before the race I had butterflies in my tummy. When I was running the wind was rushing through my hair. I felt cool because I came 7th. The best part was when I bet Kelle and Tracey. It was really fun and I want to do it again next year.
By Isabelle

FOR SOME MORE FANTASTIC STORIES CLICK ON THE LINK TO 'ROOM 13s WRITING'


No comments: